If you own a Micromax Unite device and you want to update it to the latest firmware, you’ve come to the right place. This guide includes step-by-step instructions on how to update Micromax Unite with Lollipop. The instructions are easy to follow and they don’t require any technical knowledge on your part.
What you need to know before updating your phone?
When you update your phone to the latest OS, there are number of benefits that you reap.
- Your phone becomes more stable and there as there are less glitches.
- Every new update addresses some serious performance bugs. After you update Micromax Unite with Lollipop OS, your system will become incredibly fast. This new OS update addresses all major performance bugs.
- When you update Micromax Unite with Lollipop, you can play the latest apps and games. Some apps and games won’t run on the older version of Android. You won’t be able to play them unless you have updated your phone.
Steps to update Micromax Unite with Lollipop OS
Now that you know what you can get by updating to the latest OS, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Start by enabling USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging, you will need to go to Developer Options found in phone Settings.
- Charge your phone to make sure it doesn’t turn off during the update process. If it shuts down when you are still updating, it won’t turn back on. So be careful with it.
- Install drivers on PC for your phone. This step should be fairly easy as Micromax provides official drivers on its website.
- Now download the latest firmware from official website. You are looking for Lollipop ROM for Micromax Unite.
- Download SP Flash tool. You will be using this flash tool to update Micromax Unite with Lollipop.
- Now connect your phone with your PC using a USB cable. Make sure you are using the cable that comes with the phone. Using an alternate cable may slow down data transfer and therefore increase time needed to update Micromax Unite with Lollipop OS.
- Install SP Flash tool on your PC and run it. Look for Scatter-loading option. Provide path to scatter file. You can find scatter file by extracting the ROM you downloaded in previous steps.
- Now look for an option to upgrade firmware in SP Flash tool. Click it and wait for the program to finish processing.
- Now it’s time to update Micromax Unite with Lollipop OS. You will now click the big ‘download’ button and wait for SP flash tool to finish flashing the new ROM. This should hardly take five minutes. Once done, unplug your phone from PC and restart it. You should be able to see the new updated boot screen now.
- Congratulations! Your phone is now running the latest OS. Take your time to explore Lollipop OS. There are number of new exciting features that you’d love to explore.